Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Time Capsule

  My time capsule is an expressive representation of the person I am here today. Inside there's many sports related items that speak volumes to the lifestyle I live as an athlete. From the sports catalog page, to the Nike receipt; I implicate sports in my everyday lifestyle. Within the components of these sport related items, one will find that they are all related to shoes. My love for sneakers runs deep so it was an easy selection for me. Also in my box I selected to add lyrics to a Tim McGraw song. This was also an uncomplicated decision because ever since I was little my mom always listened to country so my love for it was implanted at a young age. Another piece that could be found in my time capsule is an attendance slip. I have a hard time getting out of the bed in the morning so the reception of an attendance slip is a common occurrence for me. One could also find a picture of me and my best friend who is really more like a brother to me. He has been there for me since kindergarten so adding a picture was simply inevitable. Finally I added a flower to my capsule for a couple of reasons. One reason is that I draw inspiration everyday from nature in my art and life. Another reason is that I'm fascinated at how the earth is structured and how all things have a role in their respective ecosystem. If someone were to open this box, a lot of thoughts would be going through their head about the kind of person I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment